Tuesday, July 7, 2009

scarves, blogs and Michael Jackson


The photo you see here is completely unrelated to what I am about to say, but if you read me regularly, you might want to just sorta get used to that. Heh.

Michael Jackson. Sigh. I am not following the memorial service, as I think I will get too sad. Normally, although I refrain from using the word "judge" or "assess," I tend to assess or view people in the Big Picture. The whole enchilada. I am that way with most people. But with MJ, I cannot reconcile the enormous debts or adverse media coverage about his alleged sex life. So I am compartmentalizing my view of him. Regardless of whatever else he may or may not have done, I will go on record as saying that I consider MJ the best performer, musician, singer, dancer, artist and creative icon of the past hundred years, if not longer. If I can think of a better one, I'll let you know. I have frequently said, "I want to write the way that man sings." I still feel that way, even though I have shifted from a life as a writer to a life as an artist. If you disagree with any part of this paragraph, I am fine with that. I just know in my heart that I must stick with my convictions and not alter myself to gain mass approval or to avoid controversy. I am saddened by the loss of a great creative genius.


dj runnels
What I make as a fiber artist is at Life's an Expedition on Etsy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...