Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Recycling CD's

Sadly, 90% of my blog posts never make it to my blog. I write part of the post in my head and never find the time to write it down. But this week, I am writing one down.

I received a cool clock made out of a CD by The Golfing Dolphin. It has a U.S. Army motif and the hands of a clock on one side of the CD. On the back, you'll find the battery-operated guts of the clock. That got me started on thinking about CD's and the various ways I have used them.

I have nailed them to things outdoors, such as mailbox posts, because the shiny side is so reflective, it helps drivers see obstacles at night.

I have also used push pins to place a row of CD's along the basement stairs. They will not take the place of a light or night light, but they help draw attention to dark corners and angles in my home.

There have been other uses, but I can't think of them right now. And that's the main reason why I don't write up 90% of my blog posts. I want the complete information included, not some half-assed post that sort of dwindles in mid-sent...

Whatever.

dj runnels
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...