Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My summer projects, in preparation for fall.


For years, I've made yarns for everyone else.  In the past year or so, I have been using them myself in projects for resale.  Last year I went on a woven scarf binge.  Currently, I am exploring freeform fiber techniques. Here is a ribbon necklace with African bead that didn't quite turn out as I'd hoped, so I am keeping it.

Other recent creations did make the cut and are listed on Life's an Expedition on Etsy.

Here is my Purple Escape freeform knit-crochet-felted wool piece.  The flower is felted cashmere.  Much of the yarn is Genevieve, a discontinued Life's an Expedition yarn that I loved for its rich variety of purples.


At least four other scarves are in progress and going very well.

UPDATE October 4, 2017.  These photos are embarrassing amateurish.  Don't look at them! Stop! My work is much better than this now!

dj runnels
Life's an Expedition
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...