Friday, July 29, 2011

Silk to dye for.

I have been busily acquiring silk sari fabric and over-dying it with other colors to give it a rustic, mottled look.  Then I freeform crochet the fabric mixed with some Life's an Expedition yarns and come up with scarf-like creations.

This scarf-thing, above, was made with yellow silk that I dyed blue to get a wonderful bronze.  Then I finished up with Life's an Expedition Italian Vineyard yarn.  I named it Sakkara.


Today's project involves a big jar of tomato leaves and other plants, vinegar and water, in which I am soaking some vintage cotton with lace.  The jar is out in the hot sun to ripen.  Sort of like making sun tea.  Fingers crossed that I get something more interesting than a giant tea stain.

dj runnels
Life's an Expedition


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...